Caramel Pecan Pound Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- Fresh fruit, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk. Beat on low speed just until blended. Fold in pecans.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve with fruit if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 436 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 242mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Sep 6, 2011
It was good. I did change it and add 2 cups pecans. I will make it again but it just didn't have that "WOW" that I look for in recipes. It's alot like the Rum Cake recipe I got from a Taste of Home mag.
Aug 10, 2011
I've made four times since June!