Caramel Pecan Pound Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- Fresh fruit, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk. Beat on low speed just until blended. Fold in pecans.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve with fruit if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 436 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 242mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 6, 2011
It was good. I did change it and add 2 cups pecans. I will make it again but it just didn't have that "WOW" that I look for in recipes. It's alot like the Rum Cake recipe I got from a Taste of Home mag.
Aug 10, 2011
I've made four times since June!