Pecan Cake with Cookie Butter Frosting
My mom and I bought a jar of cookie butter to try it out, and we fell in love with it. I knew the flavor would go well with maple syrup and pecans, so I came up with this cake. If you like, make a pretty design on top of the cake with pecan halves. —Natalie Larsen, Columbia, Maryland
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup Biscoff creamy cookie spread
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Place pecans and sugars in a food processor; process until ground. In a large bowl, cream butter and pecan mixture until blended. Add 1 egg at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in syrup and milk. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture, beating well.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 25-30 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, combine all frosting ingredients; beat until smooth. Spread over cake. Refrigerate leftovers.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 363 calories, 21g fat (10g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 259mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Maple Pecan Cake with Cookie Butter Frosting in Simple & Delicious October/November 2018