Caramel Apple Fondue
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Apple slices
- In a heavy 3-qt. saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar, milk, corn syrup and water; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir until a candy thermometer reads 230° (thread stage), about 8-10 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Transfer to a small fondue pot or 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker; keep warm. Serve with apple slices.
Editor's NoteWe recommend that you test your candy thermometer before each use by bringing water to a boil; the thermometer should read 212°. Adjust your recipe temperature up or down based on your test.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 167 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 71mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Mar 8, 2015
I set this on the table for our holiday in a crock pot. it was so delicious!
Oct 26, 2014
I made this and put it in my crock pot. The color was a beautiful caramel but by the time I served the apples and fondue it had turned a dark brown.
Nov 7, 2011
LOVED this, I'd probably use about half the sugar next time, and it doesn't need to be in a fondue pot/mini slow cooker as this stays warm for hours.
Dec 23, 2010
This recipe is so good! A family favorite.
Jan 2, 2010
excellent dessert fondue. Add 1 C of chopped peanuts to the recipe, you can roll your apple slice in the nuts after dipping in caramel.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.