Caramel-Glazed Apple Cake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, chopped
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, egg and vanilla until well blended. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended. Stir in the apple, walnuts and coconut.
- Spread into a greased 8-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine the glaze ingredients; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; drizzle over cake.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 486 calories, 31g fat (7g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 219mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 26, 2014
Something is wrong with this recipe. It doesn't make enough to fill a bundt pan up even half way. You need to re-check the recipe from the baker. Very disappointing!
Nov 4, 2010
Next time I will double it to make a bigger cake. It barely filled the bottom of my tube pan. Maybe I used a size too large?