Egg-Free Apple Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + cooling Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 4 cups diced peeled apples
- 2 cups golden raisins
- 2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- In a large saucepan, bring the first eight ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and baking soda; fold in the apple mixture. Transfer to a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 286 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 508mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Sep 22, 2016
I followed all the recipe (after spending $15 on ingredients I didn't have) and placed them in muffin pans because I didn't have a bundt pan. They didn't seem to cook all the way through at the time described so I stuck them back in the oven even though the tops were crisp. Even after cooking 20 more minutes the middle didn't seem done but I thought maybe they just had to cool to harden. After 20 minutes of cooling I checked them again and bit into it and they are soggy all the way through the middle and taste gross because of it. I had to through them all out. I'm assuming it's too much liquid or apples. I really don't think a different pan would have made a difference either. Really disappointed and wasted money on buying things like $5 raisins and it took almost the whole box. Will not make again!
Sep 13, 2013
Have this in the oven right now and have made it before. A fantastic cake that's a firm favorite in our household.
Oct 2, 2009
Made this yesterday and it is delicious!!bellbrat
Sep 30, 2009
This will come in handy when I run out of eggs sallyshiffer57
Sep 29, 2009
My grandson i allergic to eggs. I'm sure he'll like this,
Oct 21, 2008
I made this yesterday and it was easy and delicious. It made my house smell wonderful!
Sep 21, 2008
made this today..hubby'sa big critic about applecake...he loves this!!!