Caramel Apple Cream Pie
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 1 to 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped topping
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter and brown sugar. Stir in apples and 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice; simmer for 12-15 minutes, stirring frequently, or until tender.
- Stir in flour; cook and stir for 1 minute. Drizzle caramel topping over pastry shell; sprinkle with pecans. Spoon apple mixture over pecans; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg, lemon juice and vanilla until smooth. Pour over apples. Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until a knife inserted into the cream cheese layer comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack. Chill thoroughly. To serve, top with dollops of whipped topping; sprinkle with remaining pumpkin pie spice.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 495 calories, 29g fat (13g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 327mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 1, 2014
I rated this as a 5* recipe. I tried this recipe 11/01/14 and have found it to be very good! I admit that I had made slight adjustments on this recipe. I baked this pie for 45 to 50 minutes. delowenstein(I have tried to list the other adjustments, but I couldn't get any farther than what I've reviewed here!)