Caramel Nut Crunch Pie
This cool and creamy pie has a lot going for it. It’s easy to make, it can be assembled well in advance to save time, and it's impressive enough to serve guests. To make this dessert even more decadent and delicious, you can chop extra peanuts and candy bars and crumble a few more cookies to sprinkle over the top. —Andrea Bolden, Unionville, Tennessee
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + freezing
- 2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1/2 cup honey-roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 6 Snickers candy bars (1.86 ounces each), chopped
- 6 cups vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 1/4 cup hot caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- Additional hot caramel and hot fudge ice cream topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. Mix cookie crumbs and peanuts; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and up sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake until set, 10-12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Fold candy bars into ice cream; spread into prepared crust. Drizzle with caramel and fudge toppings. Loosely cover and freeze until firm, at least 8 hours. If not serving right away, cover securely after it's frozen firm. If desired, drizzle with additional caramel and fudge before serving.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 733 calories, 39g fat (17g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 487mg sodium, 88g carbohydrate (66g sugars, 4g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Caramel Nut Crunch Pie in Taste of Home December 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.