Apple Cider Pie
"Raised on a small farm, I've been cooking for years," writes Elmira Trombetti. She tops fruit filling with a smooth cream cheese layer for a rapid and rich dessert. "I serve it with our family's favorite roast pork dinner," she pens from Paducah, Kentucky.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling with cinnamon
- 1 graham cracker crust (10 inches)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 envelopes (.74 ounce each) instant spiced cider mix
- 1-3/4 cups whipped topping
- 1 package (1.5 ounces) crunchy granola bars without raisins, crushed
- Pour pie filling into the crust. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the sour cream and cider mix until light and fluffy. Fold in whipped topping. Pour over pie filling. Chill until set. Just before serving, sprinkle with granola.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested with Nature Valley Oats 'n' Honey granola bars.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 268 calories, 15g fat (10g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 137mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Apple Cider Pie in Quick Cooking November/December 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.