Honey Champagne Fondue
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1-1/4 cups champagne
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 pounds Swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Toasted French bread, asparagus, tart apple slices, endive spears or cooked shrimp
- In a large saucepan, combine cornstarch, ground mustard and white pepper. Whisk in champagne and lemon juice until smooth. Add shallot and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook and stir until thickened, about 1 minute. Gradually stir in cheese until melted. Stir in honey. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Keep warm in a fondue pot or small slow cooker. Serve with toasted bread, asparagus, apple slices, endive or cooked shrimp as desired.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 256 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 107mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 15g protein.
Jan 1, 2020
Apple, grape or cranberry juices work well, ginger ale is a good choice if you don't want a fruit flavor and even sparkling water will give the bubbles without the taste.. hope this helps
Dec 29, 2019
What can I substitute for the champagne, non-drinker.