Honey Champagne Fondue
This special champagne fondue has wonderful flavor from Swiss cheese and honey. It clings well to the fruit and bread dippers.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/4 cups champagne
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/3 cup honey
- 4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- French bread cubes, tart apple slices or pear slices
- In a large saucepan, saute shallot in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Combine the Champagne, cornstarch, mustard and pepper until smooth; gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in honey; heat through. Remove from the heat. Combine cheese and lemon juice; gradually stir into champagne mixture until melted.
- Keep warm. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Serve with bread cubes, apple or pear slices.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 197 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 101mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Honey Champagne Fondue in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.