Honey Champagne Fondue
This special champagne fondue has wonderful flavor from Swiss cheese and a hint of sweetness from honey. It clings well to any kind of dipper. —Shannon Copley, Upper Arlington, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1-1/4 cups champagne
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 pounds Swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Toasted French bread, asparagus, tart apple slices, endive spears or cooked shrimp
- In a large saucepan, combine cornstarch, ground mustard and white pepper. Whisk in champagne and lemon juice until smooth. Add shallot and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook and stir until thickened, about 1 minute. Gradually stir in cheese until melted. Stir in honey. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Keep warm in a fondue pot or small slow cooker. Serve with toasted bread, asparagus, apple slices, endive or cooked shrimp as desired.