Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 1-1/2 hours
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 tablespoons chopped green chiles
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 package (16 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- French bread cubes
- In a small bowl, combine the corn, tomatoes, green chiles and chili powder. Stir in cheese. Pour mixture into a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and cook on high until cheese is melted, 1-1/2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes. Serve warm with bread cubes.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 105 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 421mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 1, 2019
Made this for new years eve dinner. I swapped Velveeta for shredded cheddar/mozzarella as I think processsed cheese is gross. I also made it in a fondue pot so cooking time was just minutes. I love the simplicity of this recipe, and it made for a nice tasty dinner. I served it with fresh cut vegetables and freshly made bread for dunking.
Sep 19, 2013
This was yummy! I made it for dinner, and it was more than enough for myself and my two teens. My son was skeptical, which was a surprise, because he pretty much eats anything. He never asked what was in it, just ate it, and then commented at one point 'this is really good'. Considering he picks a large portion of chunks of tomatoes out of things, he never seemed to notice them in this. I will make this again, and it will probably be a stand-by for open house type parties - so much better than any prepared Mexican style warm cheese dip, much more economical as well, and it makes a lot!