Mexican Hot Chocolate
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground cloves or nutmeg
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream
- Whole cinnamon sticks
- In a small saucepan, mix cocoa and sugar; stir in water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add cinnamon and cloves; stir in milk. Simmer 5 minutes (do not boil). Whisk in vanilla. Pour hot chocolate into mugs; top with whipped cream. Use cinnamon sticks for stirrers.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 156 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 92mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Dec 19, 2019
If you want Mexican chocolate, you need Chocolate Abuelita, along with milk or water. This may be hit chocolate, but it’s not Mexican.
Dec 17, 2019
Our singles group from church had a Christmas Party at one of our members house. Aurtro made the wonderful tasting Mexican Hot Chocolate Drink for after dinner treat. We all sat around and played cards. The next time, I will make the wonder tasty drink when we all get together again. If I had 5,000 thumbs I would hold all of the thumbs up. Yummy.
Dec 20, 2011
just like my dad's! EASY AND LOVELY