Heavenly Hot Chocolate Mix
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
Makes30 servings (10 cups mix)
- 5 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups instant chocolate drink mix
- 1 cup powdered nondairy creamer
- 1 cup malted milk powder
- 1 cup chocolate malted milk powder
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- In a large airtight container, combine all ingredients. Store in a cool, dry place for up to 2 months (mixture will settle).
- To prepare hot chocolate: Place 1/3 cup mix in a mug; add 3/4 cup hot water and stir until blended.
Nutrition Facts1 cup hot chocolate: 312 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 269mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (58g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 4, 2014
I mad this for my co workers at Christmas this year. They all loved it. It has a creamy and rich chocolate flavor, and was relatively economical as well.
Dec 6, 2011
You can usually find it in the coffee isle with the teas and cocoa mixes.
Dec 6, 2011
Where do you buy malted milk power?
Nov 10, 2011
Best hot chocolate mix I've ever made. A real treat around our house.
Nov 4, 2011
Very good. Very rich. It can be mixed with up to 1c water and is still good. Great for gift giving!
Nov 3, 2011
My husband loves to make a batch and he drinks it more than I do!!
Jan 8, 2011
I also made half a batch and used all chocolate malted powder instead of the regular and chocolate. It is good but VERY chocolatey! I will try it with both next time. This one is a winner with my family!
Dec 18, 2010
Great tasting hot chocolate! Made a half batch was a lot of mix. Will be making again!
Dec 13, 2010
tasty, use a very large bowl to mix. a little strong as listed, safe to go 1/3 of a cup mix to 1 cup hot water.