Kahlua Hot Chocolate
When we want a cup of hot chocolate, we prefer homemade over store mixes. A splash of Kahlúa adds a touch of fabulous. —Chung-Ah Rhee, Hollywood, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dutch-processed cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 to 4 tablespoons Kahlua (coffee liqueur)
- Optional toppings: marshmallows and miniature marshmallows, salted caramel sauce and chocolate syrup
- In a small saucepan, whisk sugar, cocoa, cinnamon and nutmeg. Gradually whisk in milk; cook and stir until heated through. Remove from heat; stir in Kahlua. Ladle into mugs; serve with toppings as desired.