Honey-Bourbon Hot Chocolate
My husband and I like to enjoy this grown-up version of hot chocolate on a cold winter evening. It's even better made with honey-flavored bourbon if you can find that in your local store. —Andrea Harvath, Duncannon, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 cups whole milk
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Whipped cream and baking cocoa, optional
- In a large saucepan, heat milk over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan. Remove from heat; whisk in chocolate and honey until chocolate is completely melted. Return to heat; cook and stir until heated through.
- Remove from heat; stir in bourbon and vanilla. If desired, top with whipped cream; sprinkle with cocoa.
Nutrition Facts1 cup (calculated without toppings): 376 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 106mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Honey-Bourbon Hot Chocolate in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2018