Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes14 servings (1 cup each)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- HOT CHOCOLATE:
- 8 cups 2% milk
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Additional pumpkin pie spice
- In a medium bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate until serving.
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat milk, cream, cinnamon sticks, pie spice and orange zest over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan.
- Whisk pumpkin, sugar and baking chips into milk mixture until blended. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Discard cinnamon sticks. Pour into mugs; top with whipped cream. Sprinkle with additional pumpkin pie spice. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 511 calories, 38g fat (24g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 102mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Aug 21, 2017
I cut this recipe down to serve less people--so delicious! I used ground cinnamon and pie spice. Thank you, Sasha, for sharing this recipe.
Jan 1, 2017
I really liked this, though next time I would strain it so get the orange zest out of it. But the flavor was great. I served it with a New Year's Lucky Almond Cake from Taste of Home as well and the orange in the drink complimented the orange glaze on that so it was perfect. However, my fiance did not enjoy this at all stating it was too thick, like syrup. So to each his own. Only reason it got 4 stars was because of that. I would have given it 5!