Hot Malted Chocolate
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup malted milk powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, heat milk over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar; beat until soft peaks form.
- Whisk chocolate chips and milk powder into milk until chocolate is melted. Remove from the heat; whisk in vanilla. Pour into mugs. Spoon whipped cream over the top.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 578 calories, 32g fat (18g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 181mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (57g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
Mar 12, 2016
This is great with a little tweaking! Definitely cut the sugar by 1/2. It will be plenty sweet. The whipped topping was also too sweet, so I will use my usual recipe for that. The malt flavor could have been stronger for us, so I may double that next time. With all of that being said, I was drawn to this due to the malt powder in it, and it was definitely worth it! Just needed some adjustments for our tastes!
Dec 21, 2010
Love it and it is really easy to make.....my kids can do it.
Dec 5, 2010
Sugar Overload!!I will make this again, but will definitely cut back on both the chocolate chips and the sugar.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.