Hot Cocoa with Almond Milk
Change up ordinary hot cocoa by stirring some dark baking cocoa into vanilla almond milk. Fluffy marshmallow creme and bright sprinkles make irresistible toppings. —Cindy Reams, Philipsburg, PA
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makes8 servings (1 cup each)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dark baking cocoa or baking cocoa
- 2 cartons (32 ounces each) vanilla almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Large marshmallows or strawberry marshmallow creme, optional
- Assorted sprinkles, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and dark baking cocoa; gradually whisk in almond milk. Heat until bubbles form around sides of pan, whisking occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. If desired, serve with large marshmallows and sprinkles.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 155 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Raspberry hot chocolate in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.