Hot Cocoa with Almond Milk
Change up ordinary hot cocoa by stirring some dark baking cocoa into vanilla almond milk. Top it off with berry marshmallow creme or a plain large marshmallow, if you like, and add your favorite pretty sprinkles. —Cindy Reams, Philipsburg, PA
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makes8 servings (1 cup each)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dark baking cocoa or baking cocoa
- 2 cartons (32 ounces each) vanilla almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Large marshmallows or strawberry marshmallow creme, optional
- Assorted sprinkles, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and dark baking cocoa; gradually whisk in almond milk. Heat until bubbles form around sides of pan, whisking occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. If desired, serve with large marshmallows and sprinkles.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 155 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Raspberry hot chocolate in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2016