Gingerbread Hot Cocoa
Are you in the Christmas spirit yet? If not, this special cocoa will do the trick. It’s like drinking a chocolate gingerbread cookie! —Erika Monroe-Williams, Scottsdale, AZ
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- Dash salt
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream
- In a small saucepan, combine the first 7 ingredients; gradually add milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Serve with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 269 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 162mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Gingerbread Hot Cocoa in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2016