Gingerbread Hot Cocoa
Are you in the Christmas spirit yet? If not, this special cocoa will do the trick. It’s like drinking a chocolate gingerbread cookie! —Erika Monroe-Williams, Scottsdale, AZ
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- Pinch salt
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream
- In a small saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients; gradually add milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Serve with whipped cream.
Originally published as Gingerbread Hot Cocoa in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.