Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 11-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Colored sugar or multicolored jimmies
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, molasses and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar or jimmies.
- Bake at 400° until set (do not brown), 6-8 minutes. Remove to wire racks. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 37 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 24mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 13, 2011
I would possibly make this recipe again, but definitely not as a spritz recipe. The dough is too dry to work in a cookie press. It does have good gingerbread flavor, though.
Dec 13, 2010
I have always liked spritz cookies and gingerbread. So when I saw this recipe I knew I wanted to give it a try!Now I wish I hadn't -it was a waste of my time and ingredients. The dough was dry and crumbly and there was no way it would go through the cookie press!I definantly would NOT recommend trying this recipe!!!