Holiday Spritz Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Food coloring, optional
- Holiday sprinkles and colored sugars
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, milk and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture just until combined. Stir in food coloring if desired. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Fill cookie press and form into desired shapes on ungreased baking sheets. Decorate with sprinkles and colored sugars.
- Bake at 400° for 8 minutes or until edges just begin to brown. Cool on wire racks.
Dec 20, 2014
/these cookies have no leavening. I can't imagine why. They did not turn out well. They also did not rise and were hard.
Dec 9, 2014
Way too much sugar and I even reduced the amount to 3/4 cup.
Dec 12, 2012
My batch of cookies tasted like bad pie dough so I tossed the unused dough into the trash after the first tray came out of the oven. I do not understand what I may have done wrong, or why the recipe contains no baking soda or baking powder.
Dec 21, 2011
I used rum in place of the rum extract and these cookies came out great. Really easy to make and very festive when dyed with red and green food coloring.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.