Maple-Walnut Spritz Cookies
After taking a trip to Vermont during maple harvest season, I just had to make something using maple syrup. Because I love maple, walnuts and spritz cookies, I combined all those elements to create these perfectly delicious bites. I adore the aroma when these are baking.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup ground walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Coarse sugar
- 2/3 cup walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, maple syrup and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, ground walnuts, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture (dough will be soft).
- Using a cookie press fitted with a flower or star disk, press dough 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with coarse sugar. Top with walnuts.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Maple Walnut Spritz Cookies in Cookies & Candies 2014 Bookazine