Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water
- Colored sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add 1 egg at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° until set, 11-12 minutes (do not brown). Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Place confectioners' sugar in a small bowl; stir in enough water to reach desired consistency. Working with 1 cookie at a time, brush glaze on the surface and sprinkle with sugar. Let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 49 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 28mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 15, 2017
This was my 1st try @ Spritz cookies. The batter was nice & workable. I would only change adding a little more vanilla for flavor. But they turned out nice
Dec 3, 2013
Having trouble getting the corn strop to dry so I can put the cookies away. Next time I will sprinkle before baking like I used to.
Dec 18, 2011
I think the dough is a great consistency for using in a cookie press. The cookies have good flavor, too. At one point, the dough started "misbehaving". I chilled it for about 10 minutes, after which things worked well.
Dec 14, 2011
These are not dry if you make them right. I like to cook mine at the low end of the suggested time - they turn out great!
Sep 13, 2011
very dry cookie
Dec 17, 2009
Very easy. I baked them at 350 for 11 minutes and they turned out nice.
Nov 18, 2009
as i was ready to return my cookie press to the store, i tried this recipe and it was a sucess. i can't wait to make this cookies to give for my friends and family for christmas. tHanks for this recipe!!! :)