Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large Eggland's Best eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- Colored sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 11-12 minutes or until set (do not brown). Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Microwave corn syrup for 6-8 seconds or until thinned. Working with a few cookies at a time, brush corn syrup over the surface and dip into sugar. Reheat corn syrup as necessary. Let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 91 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 65mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 15, 2017
This was my 1st try @ Spritz cookies. The batter was nice & workable. I would only change adding a little more vanilla for flavor. But they turned out nice
Dec 3, 2013
Having trouble getting the corn strop to dry so I can put the cookies away. Next time I will sprinkle before baking like I used to.
Dec 18, 2011
I think the dough is a great consistency for using in a cookie press. The cookies have good flavor, too. At one point, the dough started "misbehaving". I chilled it for about 10 minutes, after which things worked well.
Dec 14, 2011
These are not dry if you make them right. I like to cook mine at the low end of the suggested time - they turn out great!
Sep 13, 2011
very dry cookie
Dec 17, 2009
Very easy. I baked them at 350 for 11 minutes and they turned out nice.
Nov 18, 2009
as i was ready to return my cookie press to the store, i tried this recipe and it was a sucess. i can't wait to make this cookies to give for my friends and family for christmas. tHanks for this recipe!!! :)