Butterscotch Hot Cocoa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup butterscotch ice cream topping
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Miniature marshmallows
- In a large saucepan, heat milk and cream over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan (do not boil). Remove from the heat; whisk in the brown sugar, cocoa, butterscotch topping and vanilla until smooth. Return to the heat; cook and stir until heated through. Pour into mugs; sprinkle with marshmallows.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 337 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 239mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Feb 28, 2014
Found this recipe on a whim, and glad I did! My family liked it a lot - it was a little too sweet for me, so I might cut back on the butterscotch a little next time.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.