Hot Buttered Coffee
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makes20 servings (1-1/4 cups mix)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- EACH SERVING:
- 1 cup hot brewed coffee (French or other dark roast)
- Cinnamon sticks and whipped cream, optional
- In a small bowl, mix the first seven ingredients until blended. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- To prepare hot buttered coffee: Place 1 tablespoon spice mixture in a mug. Stir in hot coffee. If desired, serve with cinnamon stick and whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts1 cup prepared coffee (calculated without whipped cream): 67 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 32mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Dec 21, 2014
I made this last Christmas and again this Christmas. I enjoy the warm flavours for an occasional treat. I do not find it too greasy, but do find the butter flavour compliments the warmth of the spices.
Feb 2, 2014
I made this for a family get together. Should have tested it first! It was too greasy because of the butter and the flavor was not great.
Oct 27, 2011
Very good flavor! I didn't use a whole tablespoon of the butter mixture in 1 cup of coffee because it was pretty sweet. Perfect to warm you up on a cold day!