Hot Cocoa Mix
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 10 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 3-3/4 cups instant chocolate drink mix
- 1-1/3 cups powdered nondairy creamer
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In an airtight container, combine all ingredients. Store in a cool, dry place up to 6 months. Yield: 13 cups mix (about 41 servings).
- To prepare: Dissolve 4-5 tablespoons mix with 1 cup boiling water; stir well.
- For spiced cocoa: Add 1-1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg plus 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon to 3 cups of the basic cocoa mix.
- For mocha cocoa: Add 1/4 cup instant coffee granules to 3 cups of the basic cocoa mix.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 18, 2009
Made with coffee granules (decaf) and hazelnut creamer - go good. Not as strong as most coffee drinks whick I like.
Dec 9, 2009
I make this all the time! MOST EXCELLENT! As for the question about the instant chocolate drink mix, that is what you use to make a glass of chocolate milk. I use the store brands which are much much cheaper than name brand ones and the end product is WONDERFUL--Nice and creamy. For an additional flavor change, try a pack of Orange Kool-Aid mix--Yummy!
Nov 8, 2009
sounds good. but what is instant chocolate drink mix?? store bought hot chocolate?? please help.
Sep 22, 2009
My mother would make a large container of this when I was a child. I am 51 and still enjoy this recipe and have passed to to my daughters!
Nov 22, 2008
This was creamy and not lumpy like when you use cocoa. It had a good taste. I used hazlenut flavored nondairy creamer. GOOD!