Hot Cocoa Mix
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 10 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 3-3/4 cups instant chocolate drink mix
- 1-1/3 cups powdered nondairy creamer
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In an airtight container, combine all ingredients. Store in a cool, dry place up to 6 months. Yield: 13 cups mix (about 41 servings).
- To prepare: Dissolve 4-5 tablespoons mix with 1 cup boiling water; stir well.
- For spiced cocoa: Add 1-1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg plus 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon to 3 cups of the basic cocoa mix.
- For mocha cocoa: Add 1/4 cup instant coffee granules to 3 cups of the basic cocoa mix.
Dec 18, 2009
Made with coffee granules (decaf) and hazelnut creamer - go good. Not as strong as most coffee drinks whick I like.
Dec 9, 2009
I make this all the time! MOST EXCELLENT! As for the question about the instant chocolate drink mix, that is what you use to make a glass of chocolate milk. I use the store brands which are much much cheaper than name brand ones and the end product is WONDERFUL--Nice and creamy. For an additional flavor change, try a pack of Orange Kool-Aid mix--Yummy!
Nov 8, 2009
sounds good. but what is instant chocolate drink mix?? store bought hot chocolate?? please help.
Sep 22, 2009
My mother would make a large container of this when I was a child. I am 51 and still enjoy this recipe and have passed to to my daughters!
Nov 22, 2008
This was creamy and not lumpy like when you use cocoa. It had a good taste. I used hazlenut flavored nondairy creamer. GOOD!