Sugar-Free Cocoa Mix
During the winter, I keep plenty of this mix on hand. That way, I can whip up steaming mugs of hot cocoa as soon as the kids come in from playing outside.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
Makes8 servings (2-2/3 cups mix), 1/3 cup per serving
- 2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/2 cup low-fat powdered nondairy creamer
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 10 packets Equal or 1 tablespoon Equal Measure
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine all of the ingredients. Store in an airtight container. For each serving, add 3/4 cup boiling water to 1/3 cup cocoa mix; stir to dissolve.
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup: 104 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 milk.
Originally published as Sugar-Free Cocoa Mix in Country Woman November/December 1993