Wintry Hot Cocoa Mix
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makes1 serving per batch
- 6-2/3 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup instant chocolate drink mix
- 1 package (5 ounces) cook-and-serve chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered nondairy creamer
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup boiling water
- Miniature marshmallows, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 3 months. Yield: 21 servings (about 7 cups total).
- To prepare hot cocoa: Stir mix before measuring. Dissolve 1/3 cup cocoa mix in boiling water. Top with miniature marshmallows if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 259 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 275mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein.
Jan 11, 2012
Excellent! Try it using french vanilla creamer....mmm mmm good!
Oct 13, 2011
This recipe is absolutely fantastic and makes such a big batch... I'll have plenty of hot cocoa for a while!I did make one change to the recipe, instead of using regular baking cocoa, I substituted Hershey's Special Dark baking cocoa which makes it very rich and wonderful!
Oct 7, 2011
There is no cocoa mix out there that's better than this one. I make it every year---it makes the Best, most creamy hot cocoa ever.
Dec 10, 2010
This is the best hot cocoa mix I've ever made. The pudding makes it rich and creamy. My kids like it better than store-bought cocoa mixes.
Dec 9, 2009
recipe looked quick and good,
Dec 9, 2009
I love this receipe. I put the cocoa mix in with my coffee and add a little whipped cream. Just as good as those you buy at the coffee houses
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.