DIY Hot Cocoa Mix
Total TimePrep: 10 min.
Makes21 servings (7 cups hot cocoa mix)
- 2-3/4 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 cups powdered nondairy creamer
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows, optional
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips, optional
- EACH SERVING:
- 3/4 cup hot 2% milk
- In a large airtight container, mix the first 5 ingredients. If desired, stir in marshmallows and chocolate chips. Store in a cool, dry place up to 6 months.
- To prepare hot cocoa: Place 1/3 cup mix in a mug. Stir in hot milk until blended.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup prepared hot cocoa: 246 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 21, 2013
I was in search of an easy, yet tasty DIY hot cocoa mix that I can serve at my daughter's birthday party (we are having a hot cocoa bar). It is easy to make and turned out quite well. I did substitute the plain non dairy creamer for vanilla creamer which gave it some extra flavor.
Jan 2, 2013
This takes a lot of ingredients and to me really doesn't taste like anything special. But I made as small presents this year and gave them away with the "Chocolate Hazelnut Spoons" everyone loved it and thought it was a cute idea.
Dec 23, 2012
This is the best cocoa recipe I have ever had. I bought my ingredients at Aldi. I didn't use the marshmallow or chocolate chips, I thought that would make it too sweet. The first cup I made I used the 2% milk. It was too rich for my taste, so I tried using the 3/4 cup water and the taste was much better. I made up batches to give to my Grandchildren at Christmas. After they use theirs, perhaps I can write there comments.
Dec 15, 2012
Bought all the ingredients and made this yesterday. The after taste was so awful we dumped everything. I would love to know the brand names others are using as I tried a few things to "fix" it and nothing worked. When kids won't even try chocolate again, there is an issue. I'll go back to Swiss Miss packs.
Dec 1, 2012
Very good - the grandkids loved it. I will serve this for the Christmas get together.