Homemade Coffee Mix
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- BASIC COFFEE MIX:
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup nondairy creamer
- 1/4 cup instant coffee granules
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENT FOR MOCHA COFFEE:
- 2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- FOR ORANGE CAPPUCCINO COFFEE:
- 6 orange Lifesavers, finely crushed
- FOR VIENNESE COFFEE:
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine coffee mix ingredients; store in an airtight container.
- To prepare: Combine mix with 8 cups boiling water (or use 2 tablespoons mix per cup); stir until dissolved.
- To prepare any of the flavored coffees: Add the additional ingredient to the basic mix before adding water.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 50 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Dec 12, 2013
It's just great as a Christmas gift . I made it for my friends and now their friends want some too.
Feb 16, 2012
I made this for Christmas gifts this past year and everyone loved it. I plan to make it again for other gifts occasions.
Jan 25, 2012
I used the Mocha Coffee variation. We found that using milk in place of half of the water gave it a richer taste.
Jan 3, 2010
I made this for Christmas gifts for coworkers and some for myself. I use 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon instead of 1/2 teaspoon called for in the recipe. Make sure you thoroughly stir the ingredients before you measure them into your cup and after you add the boiling water. Stir periodically when drinking to ensure that contents stay mixed.
Dec 17, 2009
Using the baking cocoa makes this bitter. I substituted hot cholocate instead
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.