Homemade Flapjack Mix
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makesabout 8 pancakes per batch
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR PANCAKES:
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR BLUEBERRY BANANA PANCAKES:
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 6-7 batches of pancakes (about 6-3/4 cups total).
- To prepare pancakes: Contents of mix may settle during storage. When preparing recipe, spoon mix into measuring cup. In a small bowl, whisk egg and milk. Whisk in 1 cup pancake mix.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: about 6 pancakes per batch.
- To prepare blueberry banana pancakes: Contents of mix may settle during storage. When preparing recipe, spoon mix into measuring cup. In a large bowl, combine the egg, milk and banana. Whisk in 1 cup pancake mix. Fold in blueberries. Cook as directed above.
Nutrition Facts3 plain pancakes: 258 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 448mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 1, 2017
This is the best pancake recipe ever! It makes 7 batches of 6 pancakes each. It saves me so much time, having it made up in advance. It's so easy to scoop some out and add an egg and skim milk, and I can have pancakes ready on any given morning in must a few minutes! And it comes out to only 106 calories each with skim milk. Also, I used white whole wheat flour to keep the texture light. The pancakes turn out fluffy and have a great texture. They are good-sized pancakes, too. I sprinkle mini chocolate chips on each pancake for my younger kids and fresh blueberries or raspberries for the grownups. They reheat well, too, so I usually make up 2 batches at a time and put the rest in a container in the fridge for my hubby and older son to enjoy before work/school the next day. If I was going to eat them plain, I'd probably add a little vanilla extract to the batter for extra flavor. They are wonderful, though, and I wouldn't change a thing! I might making up some cinnamon apples to serve on top next time! They are so good. I can't rave about them enough. Even my picky daughter has been asking me to make more. This mix is something I plan to always keep on hand from now on. I stuck a label on the container with preparation instructions so I don't have to look it up each time.
Sep 8, 2013
This recipe tastes horrible. The ingredients are a list for way more batches than a person would want to make to try out. They were fluffy and that's it.
Oct 28, 2012
I have been making this recipe for years, I found it some time back in one of the Quick cooking Mags that I got been using it ever since.
Oct 17, 2012
Best pancake mix!! I dont even buy the store bought mix anymore. Its so easy to make and use! It taste wonderful too!
Jan 7, 2012
This pancake mix is great to have on hand. I like to add a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg as well as a splash of vanilla to the batter. These are always a hit with my family!
Jun 22, 2011
I make and freeze these for quick breakfasts before school. My daughter loves them with chocolate chips!
Jun 27, 2010
This is my new pancake mix. I use it with everything - berries, chocolate chips, etc. The pancakes are light and fluffy and are delicious. My kids just love them.
Mar 20, 2010
Easy and very tasty mix. Used with apple pancakes with cider syrup recipe.
Oct 24, 2008
My kids were unsure of the banana, but it was love at first bite. I had to make a second batch. Yummy.
Apr 19, 2008
I made these pancakes and they were delicious. Try with strawberries too!!