Flavored Mocha Drink Mix
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
Makes1 serving per batch
- 1-1/2 cups powdered nondairy creamer
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup instant coffee granules
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- Dash salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Divide mixture in half. Stir in vanilla to one portion and almond extract to the other. Store in airtight containers in a cool, dry place for up to 1 year. Yield: 14-16 batches (7-8 batches vanilla mocha mix; 7-8 batches almond mocha mix), about 3 cups total.
- To prepare beverage: Dissolve about 3 tablespoons mix in water; stir well. Top with whipped cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts3 tablespoons: 105 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Apr 17, 2016
I just tried this--and, boy, what a disappointing recipe! Although I cut it in half, it was a waste of the products used. The final result was undrinkable. I dissolved 3 tablespoons in 3/4 cup boiling water and the taste was horrible, excessively strong. I can only think the author accidentally confused amounts or something like that. This is an atrocious drink. Try it at your own peril!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.