Mexican Mocha Mix
This mix of coffee and cocoa is a wonderful alternative to traditional hot chocolate. —Maria Regakis, Somerville, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/3 cup instant coffee granules
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each serving):
- 1 cup hot fat-free milk
- 1 cinnamon stick, optional
- In a blender, combine the first seven ingredients; cover and process until mixture forms a powder. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2-1/4 cups mix.
- To prepare mocha drink: In a mug, stir 3 tablespoons mix with 1 cup hot milk until blended. Garnish with a cinnamon stick if desired.