Creamy Caramel Mocha
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 1/4 cup Dutch-processed cocoa
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 4 cups hot strong brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup caramel flavoring syrup
- Butterscotch-caramel ice cream topping
- In a small bowl, beat whipping cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, whisk cocoa and half-and-half cream until smooth. Heat until bubbles form around sides of pan. Whisk in coffee, caramel syrup and remaining vanilla. Top servings with whipped cream; drizzle with butterscotch topping.
- To prepare in a slow cooker: Prepare whipped cream as directed. Whisk together cocoa, half-and-half, coffee, caramel syrup and remaining vanilla in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, 2-3 hours or until heated through. Serve as directed.
Nutrition Facts1 cup coffee with 2 tablespoons whipped cream (calculated without butterscotch topping): 220 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 38mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Aug 12, 2015
excellent, not too sweet not too bitter! gail borczy, field editor
Mar 18, 2015
I'm not much of a coffee drinker, but my family loved it! They said to give it 5 stars!
Mar 11, 2015
Very good! It's right up there with the new caramel flan coffee at Starbucks.
Nov 21, 2013
LOVED THIS!!! I served it in mason jars to my guests (as shown in photo) and everyone RAVED about it! Easy and delicious!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.