Creamy Caramel Mocha
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 1/4 cup Dutch-processed cocoa
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 4 cups hot strong brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup caramel flavoring syrup
- Butterscotch-caramel ice cream topping
- 1. In a small bowl, beat whipping cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
- 2. In a large saucepan over medium heat, whisk cocoa and half-and-half cream until smooth. Heat until bubbles form around sides of pan. Whisk in coffee, caramel syrup and remaining vanilla. Top servings with whipped cream; drizzle with butterscotch topping.
- 3. To prepare in a slow cooker: Prepare whipped cream as directed. Whisk together cocoa, half-and-half, coffee, caramel syrup and remaining vanilla in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, 2-3 hours or until heated through. Serve as directed.
1 cup coffee with 2 tablespoons whipped cream (calculated without butterscotch topping): 220 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 38mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Oct 18, 2019Made this as a birthday surprise for my husband and he absolutely loved it. I thought it was good.
Aug 12, 2015
excellent, not too sweet not too bitter! gail borczy, field editor
Mar 18, 2015
I'm not much of a coffee drinker, but my family loved it! They said to give it 5 stars!
Mar 11, 2015
Very good! It's right up there with the new caramel flan coffee at Starbucks.
Dec 31, 1969
LOVED THIS!!! I served it in mason jars to my guests (as shown in photo) and everyone RAVED about it! Easy and delicious!!!