Total TimePrep: 5 min. + freezing
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chocolate syrup
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
- Whipped topping and additional chocolate syrup, optional
- In a small bowl, dissolve coffee granules in water. Pour into an ice cube tray; freeze.
- In a blender, combine the milk, chocolate syrup and coffee ice cubes. Cover and process until smooth. Add crushed ice; blend. Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately. Garnish with whipped topping and additional chocolate syrup if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 80 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 61mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 7, 2016
Add ice cream to make it more of a frappe
Jul 12, 2015
The flavor was good, but it was the consistency of milk. I prefer a frappe consistency.
Jul 5, 2014
Didn't care for this and the addition of whipped topping and additional chocolate syrup really ups the calories.
Aug 27, 2013
I made this just as the recipe said they turned out GREAT. One thing I would do different is add sugar or sweetener if you like you coffee sweet. Other than that like I said they were GREAT.
Sep 9, 2012
would have preferred it to be a little thicker, but the flavor was perfect
Aug 5, 2011
my family and i thought it tasted too much like coffee and tasted very strong.we ended up puting a lot of chocolate syrup in it
Dec 27, 2010
We had this for my birthday get together, and it was the bomb of the party! Gotta love it!!!!
Mar 24, 2010
Simple but good. Tastes a little too much like chocolate milk with coffee. However, this is a great base for coffee lovers to start with.
Mar 14, 2010
I dearly love this recipe. It is delicious and so good. The only thing I'd change is to take out the coffee granules, as most of my family is allergic to coffee. It is a keeper though, and one we'll make many more times.
Mar 14, 2010
My son has made this recipe twice since I printed it yesterday. It is better than they make at the coffeehouses.