Mocha Truffle Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + chilling
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 to 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 3 to 6 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, butter, egg and coffee granules until well blended. Press onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of a greased 10-in. springform pan.
- In another large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in milk and melted chips. Dissolve coffee granules in water; add to cream cheese mixture. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 325° until center is almost set, 50-55 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Chill overnight.
- Just before serving, in a large bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Beat in sugar and extract until stiff peaks form. Spread over top of cheesecake. Sprinkle with cocoa if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 484 calories, 28g fat (16g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 389mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 27, 2014
I have made this several times and receive great compliments. I always like the chocolate and coffee together. This cheesecake is really smooth and the addition of the almond extract really gives the cheesecake a full, heavenly flavor. When I made it for my Texas friends I dusted the pan and the top with cinnamon.
Oct 18, 2012
I have made this cheesecake many times and its always a hit worth chocolate and coffee lovers. I have varied the amount of coffee in both the cake and the crust to Taylor the cake to the event. Always a big hit.
May 30, 2011
We've made this recipe several times and it's always been a HUGE hit wherever we take it. It may be made in a 9" pan, but be careful not to use all the crust recipe or it will be too thick at that size. Consider using decaf if it's going to be eaten in the evening! Though we enjoy the coffee flavor a lot, be aware that it will completely overpower the chocolate flavor if you use the larger number of tablespoons recommended for the coffee granules.
Mar 15, 2011
Delicious! I've made this several times already and each time it turned out perfectly..
Apr 24, 2008
I really like cheesecake so I really look forward to making this!!!!!!