I like to experiment and make new and unusual-flavored cheesecakes. When I tried RumChata at a friend's party, I knew it would make a great cheesecake. For a pretty presentation, drizzle it with caramel syrup or topping or toasted coconut. —Christine Talley, Hillsboro, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + cooling Bake: 1 hour + chilling
- 1 package (10 ounces) shortbread cookies, finely crushed
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup RumChata liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs, room temperature
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Ground cinnamon, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°. Securely wrap bottom and sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in yogurt, RumChata and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour over crust. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake until center is just set and top appears dull, 60-70 minutes. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- Remove rim from pan. Top cheesecake with whipped topping and, if desired, cinnamon.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 657 calories, 47g fat (28g saturated fat), 166mg cholesterol, 396mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Rum Chata cheesecake in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.