Total TimePrep: 35 min. + cooling Bake: 1 hour + chilling
- 1 package (10 ounces) shortbread cookies, finely crushed
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup RumChata liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Ground cinnamon, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°. Securely wrap bottom and sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in yogurt, RumChata and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour over crust. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake until center is just set and top appears dull, 60-70 minutes. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- Remove rim from pan. Top cheesecake with whipped topping and, if desired, cinnamon.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 657 calories, 47g fat (28g saturated fat), 166mg cholesterol, 396mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
May 20, 2019
This cheesecake turned out to be very easy to make. The cheesecake was creamy and delicious. The only reason for only four stars was the Rum Chata flavor did not come through. I followed the directions exactly. I think the next time I make it I will add a touch of cinnamon and 1/4 tsp of rum extract to the filing to get the full flavor of Rum Chata, that is minimized during the baking process, and replace the whipped topping with a sour cream, sugar, and cinnamon topping that is baked on it for 10 minutes at the end of baking time. It is a keeper and I will make it again.
Oct 20, 2018
It says to use foil in step 1
Jun 3, 2018
Step 3 says remove foil. Where does it say to use foil????