Raspberry Ribbon Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- RASPBERRY SAUCE:
- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 to 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- Combine the first three ingredients; press into bottom and 1-1/2 in. up sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Chill 1 hour or until firm.
- In a blender, cover and process raspberries until pureed. Press through a sieve; discard seeds. Add water if necessary to measure 1 cup.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in raspberry juice; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla until smooth. Add egg whites; beat on low just until blended. Stir in cream.
- Pour half into crust. Top with 3/4 cup raspberry sauce (cover and refrigerate remaining sauce). Carefully spoon remaining filling over sauce.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until center is nearly set. Remove from oven; immediately run a knife around pan to loosen crust. Cool on wire rack 1 hour.
- Refrigerate overnight. Add orange juice to chilled raspberry sauce; gently fold in raspberries. Spoon over cheesecake.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 286 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 174mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 14, 2016
Fantastic! I'm not big on chocolate and fruit together so subbed vanilla wafer crumbs for the crust.
Jun 30, 2015
Love this Cheesecake! Always get request to make it at get togethers! Looks beautiful too! Thanks for sharing!
Jan 26, 2015
The Best Cheesecake Ever. made it with the raspberry ribbon and not....both ways are good.
Dec 15, 2014
Can this be frozen?
Apr 18, 2014
I've made this twice now and it was a huge hit both times! Both groups of friends said it was the best cheesecake they had ever eaten!!!
Mar 31, 2013
One of my most requested cheesecakes.... a true winner and I wouldn't change a thing about it :)
Aug 29, 2011
Raspberry Ribbon Cheesecake is a winner recipe indeed! I made this for a ladies' dessert contest and won 1st place for my age group! Thank you taste of home!
Aug 29, 2011
I wanted to let everyone know that this is a winner indeed! I entered this in a dessert contest and won! Thank you taste of home!When I was practicing before the contest, I used strawberries instead of raspberries since that's what we had on hand. It tasted great that way too.
Jul 10, 2011
This is an all day recipe, but is absolutely delicious. I put strawberries in it in place of the rasberries. It was my first cheesecake to make.
Apr 2, 2011
Absolutely delicious. One of the cheesecakes I make the most.