I've relied on this dessert many times when company comes calling, and it's never let me down. It's simple to make, which is a big plus.
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + cooling Bake: 20 min. + chilling
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 2 to 3 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- Chocolate-covered coffee beans and whipped topping, optional
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients; sir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Add eggs, beating on low speed just until combined. In a small bowl, combine water and coffee granules; let stand for 1 minute. Add to the creamed mixture; beat just until mixed. Pour into crust. Return pan to baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides of pan. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before cutting. If desired, top with chocolate-covered coffee beans and whipped topping. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 418 calories, 22g fat (13g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 269mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Mocha Cheesecake in Country Extra May 2000