Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
Makesabout 5-1/2 dozen
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 pound dark chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- White candy coating, optional
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Beat in cream cheese. Dissolve coffee in water; add to cream cheese and beat until smooth.
- Chill until firm enough to shape. Shape into 1-in. balls and place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Chill until firm, 1-2 hours.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate coating; stir until smooth. Dip balls in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. If desired, melt white coating and drizzle over truffles.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 73 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 11mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 13, 2018
These are delicious and easy to make. After I shape them into balls, I put them in the freezer for about an hour before dipping them so they don't get too soft from the warm chocolate coating.
Jan 14, 2018
I made these for my in-laws' Christmas celebration in 1994 & they were a tremendous hit! Even my father-in-law who rarely ate sweets, but loved coffee, ate more than a few! I didn't change a thing with the recipe. These are a regular feature in our Christmas candy assortment.
Jul 17, 2017
It is worth looking for the best ingredients possible in dark chocolate, cream cheese and instant coffee. Outstandg recipe!
May 8, 2017
Inning combination of chocolate and coffee! It's a keeper!
Feb 16, 2014
These are very good truffles, like the coffee flavor and chocolate are winning combinations.
Dec 23, 2013
yummy husband really likes i also chopped some pecans and coconut to roll some in very good
Dec 30, 2012
I make these every Christmas and my family loves them. I also gave them as gifts this year. They are easy to make and look beautiful.
Dec 8, 2012
The taste was great - but they were so soft it was impossible to work with them. I even tried freezing them so I could coat them, but they literally dissolved as soon as I put them in the chocolate to coat them. I tried both dark chocolate and white chocolate. No luck with either.
Dec 5, 2012
Way too rich. I love chocolate of any kind but found this to be super rich.
Feb 8, 2012
I made these at Christmas but ended up with a lot left over and gone to waste, people just found the coffee flavor too stong.