Strawberry Chocolate Truffles
The ever-popular combination of strawberries and chocolate shines in these rich, decadent truffles. I often double the recipe to give as gifts. —Pat Habiger, Spearville, Kansas
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling
- 4 milk chocolate candy bars (7 ounces each), halved
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup strawberry spreadable fruit
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups chopped almonds, toasted
- Place chocolate in a food processor; cover and process until chopped. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; cover and process until smooth. Stir in spreadable fruit and vanilla until combined. Transfer to a small bowl; cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Roll in almonds.
To Make Ahead: Kept refrigerated in an airtight container, these truffles can be made one week before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 147 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 17mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Strawberry Chocolate Truffles in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.