Double Chocolate Truffles
Here's a delicious holiday treat that's very rich and chocolaty. —Ruth Gordon, Lakewood, New York
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1-1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening, divided
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the semisweet chocolate chips and butter with cream; stir until smooth. Add vanilla; cool. Refrigerate until almost solid but still workable, about 1 hour.
- Shape into 1/2-in. balls. In a microwave, melt white chips and 1 tablespoon shortening; stir until smooth. Dip half of the balls in white chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
- Microwave milk chocolate chips and remaining shortening; stir until smooth. Dip remaining balls in milk chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
- If desired, drizzle truffles with melted chocolate of opposite color. Store in an airtight container.