Double Chocolate Truffles
Here's a delicious holiday treat that's very rich and chocolaty. —Ruth Gordon, Lakewood, New York
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1-1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening, divided
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the semisweet chocolate chips and butter with cream; stir until smooth. Add vanilla; cool. Refrigerate until almost solid but still workable, about 1 hour.
- Shape into 1/2-in. balls. In a microwave, melt white chips and 1 tablespoon shortening; stir until smooth. Dip half of the balls in white chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
- Microwave milk chocolate chips and remaining shortening; stir until smooth. Dip remaining balls in milk chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
- If desired, drizzle truffles with melted chocolate of opposite color. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 122 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 23mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Double Chocolate Truffles in Sweet and Scrumptious Chocolate
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.