Chocolate Rum Truffles
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 14 ounces semisweet chocolate, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted
- Coarsely chop 12 ounces of chocolate; set aside. In a saucepan, heat cream over low heat until bubbles form around sides of the pan. Remove from the heat; add chopped chocolate, stirring until melted and smooth.
- Cool to room temperature. Stir in butter and extract. Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or until firm.
- Grate remaining chocolate; place in a shallow dish. Add nuts; set aside. Shape tablespoonfuls of chilled chocolate mixture into balls. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. (If truffles are soft, refrigerate until easy to handle.) Roll truffles in chocolate-nut mixture. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 54 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 20mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Nov 16, 2014
My 1st attempt with truffles made with cream and they turned out fabulous! They are melt in your mouth goodness. I tried rolling them in several ingredients, coconut, sprinkles & unsweetened cocoa, but the nut/chocolate coating beat them all out hands down. Thanks DeAnn!
Dec 22, 2007
This recipe is spot-on wonderful. So many people enjoy the conveniance of truffles made with cream cheese or the like but there is nothing like the silky goodness of a truffle made with heavy cream. Mmm!! Yummy! Thank you for posting!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.