Chocolate Rum Truffles
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 14 ounces semisweet chocolate, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted
- Coarsely chop 12 ounces of chocolate; set aside. In a saucepan, heat cream over low heat until bubbles form around sides of the pan. Remove from the heat; add chopped chocolate, stirring until melted and smooth.
- Cool to room temperature. Stir in butter and extract. Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or until firm.
- Grate remaining chocolate; place in a shallow dish. Add nuts; set aside. Shape tablespoonfuls of chilled chocolate mixture into balls. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. (If truffles are soft, refrigerate until easy to handle.) Roll truffles in chocolate-nut mixture. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 54 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 20mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 16, 2014
My 1st attempt with truffles made with cream and they turned out fabulous! They are melt in your mouth goodness. I tried rolling them in several ingredients, coconut, sprinkles & unsweetened cocoa, but the nut/chocolate coating beat them all out hands down. Thanks DeAnn!
Dec 22, 2007
This recipe is spot-on wonderful. So many people enjoy the conveniance of truffles made with cream cheese or the like but there is nothing like the silky goodness of a truffle made with heavy cream. Mmm!! Yummy! Thank you for posting!!