Spiced Chocolate Truffles
I make truffles for family events and gift giving. Someone once asked me to add pumpkin spice, and now my recipe is legendary. —Gerry Cofta, Milwaukee, WI
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling Cook: 5 min,
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 12 ounces milk chocolate baking bars, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash ground cloves
- Baking cocoa
- Candy eyeballs, optional
- Finely chop 10 ounces chocolate; place in a small bowl. In a small heavy saucepan, combine cream, pumpkin and spices; heat just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir with a whisk until smooth. Cool to room temperature. Refrigerate, covered, at least 4 hours.
- Finely grate remaining chocolate; place in a small microwave-safe bowl. With hands dusted lightly with baking cocoa, shape chocolate mixture into 1-in. balls; roll in grated chocolate. (Mixture will be soft and truffles may flatten slightly upon standing.)
- If desired, melt unused grated chocolate in a microwave and use to attach eyeballs. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Baking Bars; results may vary when using a different product.