Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Truffles
The combination of pumpkin and dark chocolate is unexpected and delectable. These delicious truffles make a pretty addition to a party plate, a sweet way to finish up a meal, or a gift your friends and family will love. —Monica Mooney, Roseville, California
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups crushed reduced-fat graham crackers
- 1 package (10 ounces) dark chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until blended. Beat in pumpkin, pie spice and vanilla. Stir in cracker crumbs. Freeze, covered, 20 minutes or until firm enough to shape.
- Shape pumpkin mixture into 1-in. balls; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets; freeze 20 minutes or until firm.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Dip truffles in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Return to baking sheets; refrigerate until set. Store in airtight containers in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 truffle: 97 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 60mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Dark Chocolate Covered Pumpkin Truffles in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.