Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons Kahlua (coffee liqueur)
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup salted roasted almonds or pistachios, chopped
- In top of a double boiler or a metal bowl over simmering water, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth.
- In a small bowl, whisk a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolk; return all to double boiler, whisking constantly. Cook over low heat until mixture reaches 160°, whisking constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in Kahlua and cream cheese until blended. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour or until easy to shape.
- Place almonds in a small bowl. Shape mixture into 1-in. balls; roll in almonds. Refrigerate, covered, until firm, about 2 hours. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 truffle: 116 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 53mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 14, 2014
Betsy, thanks so much for sharing your Mother's recipe---I just made these, this evening. They are delicious! Just wanted you to know that others will be enjoying your Mom's treat, this year---Merry Christmas to you!