Mocha Mint Coffee
This doctored-up coffee benefits from hints of mint, cocoa and cinnamon. The marshmallows on top are a playful addition that brings out the youngster in anyone. —Mindie Hilton, Susanville, California
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 6 cups hot brewed coffee
- 2 packets instant hot cocoa mix
- 1/2 cup dulce de leche
- 1/4 cup peppermint crunch baking chips or mint chocolate chips
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine first five ingredients. Cook, covered, on low until hot, 2-3 hours.
- Ladle into mugs. Top with marshmallows; sprinkle with cinnamon.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Nestle La Lechera dulce de leche; look for it in the international foods section. If using Eagle Brand dulce de leche (caramel flavored sauce), thicken according to package directions before using.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 155 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Amazing Hot Chocolate in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.