Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1-1/4 cups reduced-fat sour cream, divided
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup chunky salsa, drained
- Tortilla chips or fresh vegetables
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup sour cream and taco seasoning until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in cheddar cheese and chilies.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until center is almost set. Spread remaining sour cream evenly over top. Bake 5-8 minutes longer or until topping is set.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, spread salsa over cheesecake. Serve with tortilla chips or vegetables.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 107 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 338mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 24, 2019
This was a great recipe. It turns out a nice texture. Basically cheesecake with the chili’s and cheese bits. There is no crust. So ignore the bad review about a “soggy crust”:) and with just 3 eggs isn’t too eggy.
Jan 11, 2019
My family loves this savory cheesecake ~ it’s a great change from typical nachos or chips and salsa! I use my homemade taco seasoning to keep the sodium count low and full fat sour cream because I think it needed the extra fat for a creamier texture. Gotta love people who put up terrible reviews without making the recipe ~ kind of hard to have a “soggy crust” on a cheesecake that has no crust! It’s delicious ~ I’m making it again for the Eagles playoff game this weekend!!
Mar 30, 2018
This cheesecake was a major disappointment. The crust was soggy and the filling bland.
May 31, 2016
This was pretty terrible and I am surprised it has so many glowing reviews. I followed the recipe exactly. This came out dry and crumbly and the flavor wasn't great. I would not make again.
Dec 27, 2015
I've made plenty of cheesecakes and this is the first savory one that I have come across. Where ever I take it, it gets rave reviews. Thank you to whom ever shared it. It's a winner in my book!!
Jun 24, 2015
So unusual and delicious. Addictive too.
Apr 10, 2015
Excellent. I made half of the recipe and baked in a pie plate. Turned out wonderfully. Receives rave reviews.
May 7, 2011
A super easy recipe ...my family thought "cheesecake" was just for dessert until now!!!
May 6, 2011
I haven't made this yet but want to. Is it possible to use no fat cream cheese and no fat sour cream?
May 5, 2011
New addition to my party appitizer choices. I made this to observe Cinco de Mayo. Took it to work to share. Everyone is really enjoying it and asking for the recipe. I will make again. I'm even thinking to spread refried beans over the top, more sour cream and shredded cheese, and home made pico. Of course it would no longer be "low fat" but hey it's for a party!. Awesome recipe. Thanks for sharing.