Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1-1/4 cups reduced-fat sour cream, divided
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup chunky salsa, drained
- Tortilla chips or fresh vegetables
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup sour cream and taco seasoning until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in cheddar cheese and chilies.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until center is almost set. Spread remaining sour cream evenly over top. Bake 5-8 minutes longer or until topping is set.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, spread salsa over cheesecake. Serve with tortilla chips or vegetables.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 107 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 338mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Mar 30, 2018
This cheesecake was a major disappointment. The crust was soggy and the filling bland.
May 31, 2016
This was pretty terrible and I am surprised it has so many glowing reviews. I followed the recipe exactly. This came out dry and crumbly and the flavor wasn't great. I would not make again.
Dec 27, 2015
I've made plenty of cheesecakes and this is the first savory one that I have come across. Where ever I take it, it gets rave reviews. Thank you to whom ever shared it. It's a winner in my book!!
Jun 24, 2015
So unusual and delicious. Addictive too.
Apr 10, 2015
Excellent. I made half of the recipe and baked in a pie plate. Turned out wonderfully. Receives rave reviews.
May 7, 2011
A super easy recipe ...my family thought "cheesecake" was just for dessert until now!!!
May 6, 2011
I haven't made this yet but want to. Is it possible to use no fat cream cheese and no fat sour cream?
May 5, 2011
New addition to my party appitizer choices. I made this to observe Cinco de Mayo. Took it to work to share. Everyone is really enjoying it and asking for the recipe. I will make again. I'm even thinking to spread refried beans over the top, more sour cream and shredded cheese, and home made pico. Of course it would no longer be "low fat" but hey it's for a party!. Awesome recipe. Thanks for sharing.
May 4, 2011
Nov 19, 2010
So good! My friends and I all loved it! Tasty and pretty!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.