Santa Fe Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped tomato
- In a small bowl, combine tortilla chips and butter; press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in Monterey Jack cheese and chilies; pour into crust.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Spread sour cream over cheesecake. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool for 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides of pan. Garnish with yellow pepper, onions and tomato. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 137 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 151mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 14, 2019
I made this over the holidays, and it was a huge hit! It was slightly spicy, a little crunchy, and creamy. And the fresh bell peppers added a little sweetness. I will definitely make this again. VFE
Jan 19, 2011
This delicious appetizer is easy and fun to make! I made it for a party and there were no leftovers!!