Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
Makes25 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup instant chocolate drink mix
- 1/4 cup instant coffee granules
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 gallon chocolate ice cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Remove from heat. Add sugar, drink mix and coffee; stir until dissolved. Refrigerate, covered, 4 hours or overnight.
- About 30 minutes before serving, pour mixture into a large punch bowl. Add scoops of ice cream; stir until partially melted. Top servings with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 254 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 5, 2016
Instant chocolate drink mix is like nestle quick chocolate milk mix. :)
Dec 4, 2016
What is instant chocolate drink mix?
Dec 15, 2015
What size punch bowl and was chocolate milk or hot chocolate mix you all used?
Nov 24, 2015
Because my family and I are not coffee drinkers, I knew I'd need to alter this recipe if I wanted to use it. I did, and it worked out great! I leave out the coffee and instead, I replace it with more instant chocolate drink mix. I think it tastes fabulous and my in laws requested I serve it at thanksgiving this year!
Dec 22, 2014
I made this a long time ago for a Christmas party and I've been looking for the recipe ever since. It is delicious ! So glad I found it again,!
Feb 12, 2014
I get asked to make this every Christmas (and I do!)
Jan 29, 2013
I made this for a casual gathering and it was a hit. It tastes wonderful and it's so easy to make!
Dec 24, 2012
After making this punch for the first time about 8 years ago at Christmas it has become a hit and a must have at every Christmas since then. Everyone looks forward to it. Forget the Egg Nog...they want this punch.
Dec 9, 2012
Made this punch for a Chruch Christmas Cookie Exchange and it was a hit. One lady said it was much better than Starbucks. I am going to make this for my family Christmas I think this will be come part of my families Christmas.
Nov 13, 2012
<p>Had this at a baby shower and it was the best thing EVER! Tastes like a mocha frappe only better. They didn't put on the heavy cream or the chocolate curls and it was still plenty good. Will be making this for Thanksgiving.</p>